Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Intro

Hey there!

Thanks for joining me as I embark upon the long road to practicing medicine. :p  So -- I guess I should start by telling you a little bit about me.  I go to BYU, where I am studying neuroscience.  I hope to one day be a neurosurgeon, and I just have to tell you... I'm pretty obsessed with brains. I first saw one in high school biology, when we were dissecting a fetal pig.  I remember feeling a sense of wonder as I removed the skull, and looked at that brain, with all it's gyri and sulci.  Now, nearly 6 years later, I have held both a human brain and spinal cord in my hand, learned the names of many structures, and have decided to dedicate my life to studying this intricate and beautiful organ.

So -- now, about the blog. Whenever I have an awesome experience, I want to share it.  However, I'm pretty sure the majority of my friends on Facebook don't want to hear about how I got help skin a cadaver last night, or that while I was defatting I got up close and personal with the artery and vein that go to pectoralis major. So, with this blog, I hope to be able to share the exciting things I learn, while giving people the opportunity to choose whether or not to be grossed out. :P

I plan to write about anything interesting that I experience that relates to medicine - -whether it be in the research lab, my classes, at the hospital where I volunteer, etc.  :)

Thanks, for reading, and I invite you to join me on my road to medicine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment