Friday, July 8, 2016

Looking Back

Hey!

So yesterday was my last day of teaching! It was a bittersweet experience.... I won't miss planning lessons, but I'm definitely going to miss teaching and interacting with so many kids every day. :) Coming to Ukraine was the best decision I ever made. I know I probably would have enjoyed myself if I'd ended up going to Romania like I originally planned, but I wouldn't change my decision for the world.

There were definitely difficult times- kids were crazy and not listening, people had different opinions, making everything work for our vacation was difficult- but it was all so worth it!! I learned so much from these kids- maybe even more than I was able to teach them. I learned unconditional love. I learned patience. I learned how awesome it is to watch people come out of their shell. I learned things about me by watching them. I could go on, but... You get the point. :)

When I first made the decision to come to Ukraine, I was terrified. I didn't know anyone I'd be teaching with, I didn't even know if I COULD teach, I only had three weeks and had to take my finals nearly a week early, I still had to figure out a way to raise the last bit of money so I could make Ukarine and Spain work, etc. But from the moment I made that call to ILP saying I'd switch countries... Miracles started happening. I received several generous donations. My teachers had no problem with me taking finals early, I did well on all of them, I had the best head teacher ever, I taught with amazing teachers at Obolon, I had an amazing host grandma, etc, etc. :)

Sometimes things might not go according to plan. But if we follow the Spirit, and make the most of it, things will always work out for the best. :) I'll never forget all the amazing experiences I've had here. :) Now, I'm off to enjoy our hard-earned two week vacation. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment