Friday, May 6, 2016

Weeks 2 and 3

Hey there!!

I know it's been a couple of weeks since I last updated -- the last two weeks have been crazy!!! Jessi and the other girls from last semester left a little less than two weeks ago; it's been weird living with Luda by myself.  It's been fun though!  Luda and I have the best conversations! She's told me about her family, about her friends, about some of her life philosophies, etc.  It's been super great. :) 



Me and Luda. :) 

Luda speaks really good English, but there's still a bit of a language barrier.  Sometimes she'll say a wrong word, realize it, and then just start to laugh. She has the most adorable laugh. :P 


Teaching the kids has also been super fun!  They can be a handful some times, but they're so adorable!! I teach three age groups -- PL (preschool), KG (kindergarten), and FUP 1/3 (Follow Up).  I haven't gotten a picture with all of them, but I'll post pics as I get them.


Diana. :)


Diana and Lera #2


Darina

The girls are adorable!  There are also a couple of boys...they range from super quiet (Lev and Roma)  to bouncing off the walls (Misha).  The KG girls can also get kinda crazy, especially Darina, but I love them to death. :)  

We also had our first vacation!!! We went to Poland, and I fell in love with it!  The architecture is amazing; the people are amazing, the food is amazing....I love it all!  We took an overnight bus there, and got there early in the morning. When we made travel plans we were unaware that we'd be traveling during a holiday season, so when we first got there we just explored while we waited for things to open.  We walked around, saw some castles/cathedrals, and had a great time!  The next day we went to Auschwitz-Birkenau, which was reeeeally interesting...and also really depressing.








I have a million more pictures that I could post, but I'll save those for Facebook.  



I love being in Europe.  These past couple of days, I've been seeing all the Romania girls posting pictures from Iasi, and seen all their families post updates about how they're gone.  Part of me wishes I would've gone with them, but I'm sooooooo happy to be in Ukraine.  I know it's where I'm supposed to be.  I love this city, I love the people, and I especially love the kids and the girls I get to work with. :)  Now we're off to Lviv after school today!  I'll post again once we're back.  But for now, as Luda would say, "Tata!" 





No comments:

Post a Comment